Conditions Emergency Equipment
- 1. All the information given in this application process is accurate and representative of the need for this service.
- 2. Newlife is not obliged to make provision in respect of this application and all loans are at the discretion of Newlife.
- 3. To use the Equipment until you have received the initial training which will be provided by one of our designated agents or a qualified health professional. We need you to agree to always follow all instructions and recommendations provided to you, by us or the manufacturer or supplier of the Equipment. This training will cover, amongst other things, health and safety aspects and guidance for looking after the Equipment during the Loan Period and is necessary to ensure that the Equipment will be safe and without risk to health and safety when properly being used by the child/young person.
- 4. Newlife only loan the equipment for around 6 months. Within this 6 month period, if you no longer need the Equipment, you should tell us as soon as possible and we will arrange for the Equipment to be collected from your home. This will usually be within 3 working days but we will agree a date suitable for you. If you need it for longer than 6 months we will liase with you and your professional regarding an extension or change
- 5. Tell us if the equipment becomes unsuitable for your child to use due to changes in need or circumstances. We reserve the right to reassess the individual needs of the child, and potentially alter provision to receive an equipment grant rather than equipment loan.
- 6. Understand that the equipment remains the property of Newlife and we retain the right to recall the equipment. This notice would normally be, but does not need to be, given in writing.
- 7. Newlife will insure against all loss, theft or damage to the Equipment; public liability; and product liability whilst you are in possession of the Equipment. Our insurance covers the Equipment whilst it is in the United Kingdom and for up to 90 days in other countries of the European Union. For use outside of these conditions, you will need to contact us to get approval. Under these circumstances, you may need to personally insure the item. You need to understand that you may also be held responsible, if you seriously misuse the Equipment or use it whilst it is knowingly faulty.
- 8. To take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Equipment is properly looked after. If the Equipment is lost or stolen whilst it is in your possession then you must let us know as soon as possible. We need you to agree to contact us directly if something goes wrong with Equipment (including, if the Equipment is damaged) whilst it is in your possession. We will arrange for Equipment to be inspected and repair or replaced.
- 9. Newlife the Charity for Disabled Children are the ‘Controllers’ of the personal data and health information we collect. We need to collect and process certain information to allow us to provide any of the named Care Services below. To see Newlife’s full privacy notice, please visit www.newlifecharity.co.uk
- 10. In the process of arranging delivery of equipment owned by Newlife, it is implicit that we must share personal information with trusted third-party companies who deliver this service to your home. Our agreements restrict their ability to use this data outside of the intended purpose for which it was provided.
- 11. The Equipment is provided to you as a charitable act. We will therefore only be responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer in connection with this Agreement, to the extent that we are able to claim for such loss or damage under our insurance .
if you have any questions, please contact our care services for free on:
0800 902 0095
Newlife Centre, Hemlock Way, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 7GF. Newlife the Charity for Disabled Children - Registered Charity Number: 1170125 in England & Wales
We, Newlife the Charity for Disabled Children are the ‘controllers’ of the information which we collect about you. We are committed to protecting your personal data, whether it is sensitive or not, and we only process data if we need to for a specific purpose. We collect and process data to campaign locally and nationally on behalf of disabled, terminally ill children and their families. To see Newlife’s full Privacy notice, please visit http://newlifecharity.co.uk/docs/general/Resources-and-Documents.shtml