Supporting Prof EG

Supporting Professional’s Details

Who Is The Most Appropriate Supporting Professional?

The ideal circumstances are set out below – and will give an idea regarding which organisations should take responsibility for assessing a child/young person’s needs. Generally speaking, if the child/young person needs equipment to support postural needs then the support of an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist is required. Medical needs can be supported by Specialist Nurses and safety/behavioural needs can be supported by Social Workers – but they must be appropriately qualified (or supported as part of a multi-disciplinary team) to identify the correct specification of equipment.

if you have any questions, please contact our care services for free on:

Phone-number0800 902 0095

Newlife Centre, Hemlock Way, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 7GF. Newlife the Charity for Disabled Children - Registered Charity Number: 1170125 in England & Wales

We, Newlife the Charity for Disabled Children are the ‘controllers’ of the information which we collect about you. We are committed to protecting your personal data, whether it is sensitive or not, and we only process data if we need to for a specific purpose. We collect and process data to campaign locally and nationally on behalf of disabled, terminally ill children and their families. To see Newlife’s full Privacy notice, please visit